Crawlspace Encapsulation and Moisture Barriers
Up to 50% of the air in the first floor of your home comes from the crawlspace. In southeastern cities like Nashville and other areas in middle Tennessee, homes built on crawlspaces have a tough time handling moisture. Without crawlspace encapsulation, dangerous gases such as Radon and polluted air are allowed into the home, leading to allergies, asthma and a host of other issues. FES Crawlspace Encapsulation, Humidity Barrier and Humidity Control will handle the following issues:
- Poor air quality in your living space
- Minor allergies to severe infections (breathing difficulties)
- Uncomfortable humidity levels in summer and cold floors in winter
- Higher heating and cooling costs (15% to 35% higher) and decreased life of HVAC/HEPA units and ducts
- Structural Decay, including rotted sills, joists, floorboards, stuck doors/windows and buckled hardwood floors
- Condensation on air conditioning equipment, duct work, insulation, water pipes and truss plates
- Radon gas
- Insect and rodent infestations
If your crawlspace hasn’t been encapsulated yet, take control of the air quality in your home and your family’s health! Contact Franklin Environmental Services today.
Franklin Environmental Services is the number one choice for Radon Testing and Radon Mitigation in Nashville, Brentwood, Franklin and all of Middle Tennessee. Contact us today to get started.